October 23, 2014

Fall at Lake MacBride


Hello there! 


"Fall is a second spring, when every leaf is a flower".
Fall is here, or how I like to call it, the Sweater Season! All the leaves are turning red, yellow and orange, and it's so beautiful!





Me and Eleonora's wonderful family had a long weekend.
They are having Iowa Assessments in school right now so we (as seniors) had a three day weekend, last three periods open on Monday and first three periods open on Tuesday. Every week should be like that!
After I did some volunteering at the Run for the Schools, I stayed over at Eleonora's house from Sunday to Monday. And really, Eleonora's host family is simply wonderful. They're so welcoming and funny, and if I could, I would move there in an instant.


Going to Lake MacBride.
So on Monday we went to Lake MacBride State Park, and Fall is just the perfect season, for that! Around the lake there are short but great hiking paths and the weather was awesome as well. The whole day was just perfect! Lake MacBride is actually not far away at all, and maybe when it's good weather again, we'll come back.











All Photos taken with a Nikon D3200 and edited at pixlr.express. All rights reserved.

On Tuesday I went to their house again, and then we had a little bonfire. We grilled marshmallows and I had my very first smores, which are cookies with chocolate and a grilled marshmallow and apparently they're really American. They were awesome. And today I could sleep in. Perfect!

Next there's Halloween coming, so

Stay tuned!



Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! :)